Hot Spot Red Quill Barbless Frenchie
Hot Spot Red Quill Barbless Frenchie nymph a classic French nymph used by French competitors in European and World Championships with great results. The fly design is simple, but proven very effective and works excellent in the rivers with high fishing pressure. The fly is tied on a barbless hook with hand-cleaned red peacock quill and coated with UV Resin for high durability. The orange hot spot adds attractiveness to this fly and grabs attention of the fish. This Frenchie can be used as single fly for a French fly fishing technique called nymphe à vue.
Barbless hook minimizes snags and the tungsten bead gives it extra weight. The tail is tied using Coq de Leon feathers, which gives this fly more realistic look.
Hot Spot Red Quill Barbless Frenchie nymph comes in three hook sizes #16, #18 and #20.
How to fish Hot Spot Red Quill Barbless Frenchie nymph
Czech Nymphing Style
- use a long and sensitive rod, size 2-4 wt, 10′ to 11′ long
- where the regulations allow, fish with two nymphs at the time on a thin leader (Czech type of leader)
- place the heavy nymph on top and smaller (lighter) on a dropper
- droppers should be maximum 10-15 cm (4”-6”) long and the distance between flies approximately 50 cm (20”)
French or Spanish Nymphing Styles
- use a sensitive rod, size 2-5 wt, 10′ to 11′ long
- fish with one small nymph
- the leader should be 3–4.5 meters long (10-15 feet)