Red Quill Jig Barbless Frenchie
Red Quill Jig Barbless Frenchie nymph is tied based on French types of micro nymphs. This model of nymph is delicate and discrete and is a perfect nymph for rivers with high fishing pressure. This pattern is tied on a small barbless jig hook using black tungsten bead and red peacock quills. It is highly effective for fishing grayling and big brown trout. Coated with UV resin to increase the durability and resistance to fish bites.
Barbless jig hook minimizes snags and the tungsten bead gives it extra weight. The tail is tied using Coq de Leon feathers, which gives this fly more realistic look.
Red Quill Jig Barbless Frenchie nymph comes in three hook sizes #16, #18 and #20.
How to fish Red Quill Jig Barbless Frenchie nymph
Czech Nymphing Style
- use a long and sensitive rod, size 2-4 wt, 10′ to 11′ long
- where the regulations allow, fish with two nymphs at the time on a thin leader (Czech type of leader)
- place the heavy nymph on top and smaller (lighter) on a dropper
- droppers should be maximum 10-15 cm (4”-6”) long and the distance between flies approximately 50 cm (20”)
French or Spanish Nymphing Styles
- use a sensitive rod, size 2-5 wt, 10′ to 11′ long
- fish with one small nymph
- the leader should be 3–4.5 meters long (10-15 feet)